Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 17, 2012

Blessed


If you're like me then maybe you, too, spent the weekend fighting the lump in your throat while attempting to enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends. The tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut on Friday morning is truly one of the most heart breaking ordeals that any family could go through. So senseless. So evil. I've just been staring at my children all weekend feeling beyond blessed and sad all at the same time. It is so scary to be a parent.

My Friday morning began with taking Lilly to get tubes in her ears. Poor girl just gets ear infection after ear infection. I saw the breaking news of the shooting on the TV in the waiting room. Of course information was very limited (and false!) at that time. Thankfully Lilly's surgery went well and after an emotional and groggy hour in recovery we were able to hit the road and get her some ice cream for a job well done. You never would have even known she had surgery, so later that afternoon I headed out to Novel for their holiday party and start some Christmas shopping on King. Yes, I'm a late holiday shopper...

I caught up on the news of the shootings on my walk to the store and was just floored and horrified at what I was reading in my news feeds. When I got upstairs to Novel the girls gave me a present that Jane Pope had sent along for me. One of her MOMMY necklaces.


As you can imagine, this timely and very unexpected gift made for a little roller coaster of emotion. The gesture. The sentiment. I'll cherish this necklace that so beautifully names my children forever and ever. Jane, you are incredible. Thank you. And how lucky and blessed I am to be their Momma. Thank you, God.

I think that's all for today. Maybe I'll be back this afternoon, if not then definitely tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

This tragedy I think has hit all of us mothers the hardest. I have just cried all weekend thinking about those innocent children. I finally had to turn the tv off. My heart breaks for all those families and I can't help but wonder why are these kinds of events heppening. It scares me, I don't want Sterling to grow up being fearful all the time. Necklace is beautiful. You are a good momma. I heart Lily and Fletcher too. WE have to stay strong and positive and power on.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting something about this horrific tragedy. I follow bloggers and people on Instagram and I can't tell you how sad I was to see some of them still post all weekend about what they wore. Not one mention of what happened at Sandy hook. Parent or not, this is one of the most evil events to have taken place in this country!

Thank you for expressing how you felt about this senseless tragedy!

Heather